cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jame5_blonde Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Not able to get Email Subscriptions to work

Yes, log-in or get admin access to your account/domain and pay by VISA/Mastercard or invoice. 

When in doubt, call MS support (they helped us)

/Jame5

hitzand Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I just received a email for a report I subscribed to a month ago, so there's hope that the issue is being resolved for pro trial users.

jgutierrez Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I've received one today (set it up yesterday again after completely giving up a month ago). I have the Pro Trial. Were there any changes by the development team? Hopefully someone from the Microsoft team can fill us in.

hitzand Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I think they ninja-fixed this in the service, we are once again getting subscriptions for both trial and non-trial Pro users. 

Xrusader Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This still appears to be broken.  I have both Pro-trial and standard Pro users and neither are getting email updates when a report is updated.  Alerts are working fine (emails are sent when a visual meets the defined conditions), so it doesn't appear to be a domain block.  

lehuok Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. I refuse to give allocate paid subscription as we still have half a year worth of trial left, and nowhere does it day that trial should be limited in any way compared to purchased PRO license.

Can someone from Power BI team please advise? 
Thanks

Administrator chass
Administrator

Just tested this and it should be working for you. 

One thing i noticed is it takes about 90 seconds from upgrading to Trial before this will work...so you may have to retry if i you JUST upgraded to trial. 

As was suggested earlier in the thread if you a Pro or Trial user and your subscriptions are not working please contact support. 

Chuck Sterling

View solution in original post

lehuok Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello, thanks for your reply.

As I have stated in the thread I created https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Report-and-Dashboard-Subscriptions-not-working/idc-... I'm on the 12month extended trial, perhaps there is a difference?

Either way, as a PRO trial user, I am not able to log a support ticket, as the website (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/) tells me I haven't subscribed to PRO, and keeps redirecting me here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/free/

Thank you

Administrator chass
Administrator

This is acting as expected you need to be a Pro User not trial to create support tickets. 

...But email subscriptions should be working. 

So breaking this down it will cost you $9 to create a ticket (the cost of a becoming a Pro User) 

Thanks

Chuck 

Chuck Sterling
lehuok Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi, I am not trying to be cheap, but

1) If I lose my 183 days of free trial it's more than $9

2) If I assign a PRO license to my self, it will be harder to replicate the issue - for our PRO users it's fine, but for PRO trial ones it doesn't work.

Anyway, I know what needs to get done, my takeaway is that even on the PRO trial, subscriptions should work. Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 174 members 1,696 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: