cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brett_walton Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Not able to get Email Subscriptions to work

Hoping others are having luck . 

I subscribed to a report subscription, followed the steps when I go back into the service I see the subscription but I am NOT recieving any emails , any ideas to trouble shoot ? Are there certain email requirements ? Is the email address from my O365 account settings ? 

thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
mchapman Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Not able to get Email Subscriptions to work

You may check your companies email filter.  AT&T is our email gateway and they filter some email out before it even gets to our internal junk mail filters.  They send a notification of all the emials they block periodically and that's where I noticed they were catching emails from no-reply@email.powerbi.com.  So you may check with your external provider. 

Administrator chass
Administrator

Just tested this and it should be working for you. 

One thing i noticed is it takes about 90 seconds from upgrading to Trial before this will work...so you may have to retry if i you JUST upgraded to trial. 

As was suggested earlier in the thread if you a Pro or Trial user and your subscriptions are not working please contact support. 

42 REPLIES 42
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Hi @brett_walton,

The email subscription feature  is only available for Pro users. Please check this article to  get more details about how subscription works in Power BI and what are the limitations.

In addition,  if you don’t hit any limitations described in the above article, after you subscribe a report, trigger a refresh by going to the dataset and clicking the “Refresh now” option once you have data changes, then check if you get email. Power BI will send an email to the address that you use to sign into Power BI.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Regular Visitor

Hi, Thank You for the suggestions but I do have PRO .. Question about the mail. The "address" I used to log into PBI / O365 is different than my email (long story from my ADMIN) BUT the email in my account tied to that address is correct. Do you think that is my problem ? 

thanks 

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Hi @brett_walton,

I suspect that the issue is related to your email account. As stated in this blog, Power BI will send an email to the address that you use to sign into Power BI.

Currently, we are not able to subscribe others to email of reports, please check this idea:https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17757451-subscribe-others-to-emai....

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
flanshaw Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Doesn't work for me.

• i've Power BI Pro
  • I log in with my work email address (AD Azure synced)
  • Done multiple data refreshes and nothing 

Regular Visitor

currently my PBI credentials and my email do NOT match, the admin is working on getting these in synch. I am going to wait for this before I try this again . 

tringuyenminh92 New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @brett_walton,

in waiting time, you could use alternative email and forward feature to get these subscription email forwarded to your AD email. i'm using this cause my PBI account is in onmicrosoft domain different with my local email domain.

mchapman Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I also have a Power BI Pro license and am using my work email to log in.  No emails are coming through

Regular Visitor

this remains an issue for me as well. If I find something I will update this thread. 

mchapman Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

You may check your companies email filter.  AT&T is our email gateway and they filter some email out before it even gets to our internal junk mail filters.  They send a notification of all the emials they block periodically and that's where I noticed they were catching emails from no-reply@email.powerbi.com.  So you may check with your external provider.