Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brett_walton
Helper II
Helper II

Not able to get Email Subscriptions to work

Hoping others are having luck . 

I subscribed to a report subscription, followed the steps when I go back into the service I see the subscription but I am NOT recieving any emails , any ideas to trouble shoot ? Are there certain email requirements ? Is the email address from my O365 account settings ? 

thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You may check your companies email filter.  AT&T is our email gateway and they filter some email out before it even gets to our internal junk mail filters.  They send a notification of all the emials they block periodically and that's where I noticed they were catching emails from no-reply@email.powerbi.com.  So you may check with your external provider. 

View solution in original post

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Just tested this and it should be working for you. 

One thing i noticed is it takes about 90 seconds from upgrading to Trial before this will work...so you may have to retry if i you JUST upgraded to trial. 

As was suggested earlier in the thread if you a Pro or Trial user and your subscriptions are not working please contact support. 

Chuck Sterling

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Jkiersch
Frequent Visitor

What can been done when the subcription has been working for 6 months then the scheduled send stops working? If I select "Run Now" the email sends not problem. But the email does not send on the scheduled time. This stopped on Feb 16th. 

This is an issue for us as well. It has been about a month since we have recieved any emails. 

Xrusader
Frequent Visitor

I was finally able to get this to work. What wasn't clear was that you cannot refresh/publish from the desktop application to generate the subscription email. The data must be refreshed through a data gateway (either server based or personal mode). I was able to generate the email for both Pro and Pro Trial users. If your data set is on a scheduled refresh, you're all set. To refresh manually, go to the workspace, data set, then refresh the data set you need - this will kick off the email notification (providing something has changed in the data set).
Xrusader
Frequent Visitor

This still appears to be broken.  I have both Pro-trial and standard Pro users and neither are getting email updates when a report is updated.  Alerts are working fine (emails are sent when a visual meets the defined conditions), so it doesn't appear to be a domain block.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. I refuse to give allocate paid subscription as we still have half a year worth of trial left, and nowhere does it day that trial should be limited in any way compared to purchased PRO license.

Can someone from Power BI team please advise? 
Thanks

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Just tested this and it should be working for you. 

One thing i noticed is it takes about 90 seconds from upgrading to Trial before this will work...so you may have to retry if i you JUST upgraded to trial. 

As was suggested earlier in the thread if you a Pro or Trial user and your subscriptions are not working please contact support. 

Chuck Sterling
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, thanks for your reply.

As I have stated in the thread I created https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Report-and-Dashboard-Subscriptions-not-working/idc-... I'm on the 12month extended trial, perhaps there is a difference?

Either way, as a PRO trial user, I am not able to log a support ticket, as the website (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/) tells me I haven't subscribed to PRO, and keeps redirecting me here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/free/

Thank you

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This is acting as expected you need to be a Pro User not trial to create support tickets. 

...But email subscriptions should be working. 

So breaking this down it will cost you $9 to create a ticket (the cost of a becoming a Pro User) 

Thanks

Chuck 

Chuck Sterling
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am not trying to be cheap, but

1) If I lose my 183 days of free trial it's more than $9

2) If I assign a PRO license to my self, it will be harder to replicate the issue - for our PRO users it's fine, but for PRO trial ones it doesn't work.

Anyway, I know what needs to get done, my takeaway is that even on the PRO trial, subscriptions should work. Thank you

chass
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I actually I am not recomending you upgrade this account but rather use a test account. 

...I typically create 500 at a time

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/charles_sterling/2015/06/29/creating-users-in-an-azure-ad-in-bulk/

Also makes it pretty easy to make sure you already have a trial account (or dozen) laying around. 

Chuck 

Chuck Sterling
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good tip, thanks

jgutierrez
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I've received one today (set it up yesterday again after completely giving up a month ago). I have the Pro Trial. Were there any changes by the development team? Hopefully someone from the Microsoft team can fill us in.

I think they ninja-fixed this in the service, we are once again getting subscriptions for both trial and non-trial Pro users. 

MAkiva1
Helper I
Helper I

Even though my firm is on the free 365 day trial, I've been trying to find a way to pay for BI so that we can have access to email subscriptions.  Has anyone had luck upgrading to the paid version while in the trial period?

I just received a email for a report I subscribed to a month ago, so there's hope that the issue is being resolved for pro trial users.

Yes, log-in or get admin access to your account/domain and pay by VISA/Mastercard or invoice. 

When in doubt, call MS support (they helped us)

/Jame5

drtrobridge
Regular Visitor

If the Pro Trial does not include this feature, can we get some confirmation from someone at MS? Our organization is on the free trial for now and having this feature means a lot to our managers. 

rhonda_spauld
Frequent Visitor

I am also a Pro trial user with about 11 months left.  It was working fine until a few weeks ago - approximately the same time that the emailing dashboard feature was released.  

I have tried deleting the subscriptions and adding again with no luck.  

There are spam filters at the company level and at your external internet access provider level.  For example our company has an internet acces line provided by AT&T.  The emails were being blocked by them.  It had nothing to do with any setting heres.  You should ask your IT department to check with their internet providers Secure Email Gateway. 

Well, i created a new account with new gateway and still dont get any emails when resfreshing and i´ve controlled active subsription and that the data has been updated in the dataset. 

Funny sidenote, I deliberately shut down the gateway and got an email that the refresh couldn´t be done. 

So, the sender, no-reply-powerbi .... is NOT filtered.

Please help......

azuremail.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors