Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Minakshi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Not able to download underlying data on power BI service

Hi All,
I wist to download underlying data from Power BI service but on power BI service it allows only summarized data. Kindly help me

Thanks in advance
with this.Underlying data is disabledUnderlying data is disabledticked the option for both underlying and summarized dataticked the option for both underlying and summarized data

14 REPLIES 14
RaviPunna

I have an admin rights but still I am not able to download underlying data. "File Format" option getting disabled while selecting Underlying Data option and getting blank excel/csv file.

please help to get of this problem. 

Hi @RaviPunna,

Since you are the admin, please make sure that you have enabled the download from the admin portal.

If that does not work out, then please check the settings of the PBIX file, in case the report author had disabled the downloading of the data from the Options and Settings.

Screenshot (387).png

Hope this solves your isssue and if it does please Kudo the post, as it helps others reach the solution faster.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Did I answer your question?
If yes, then please mark my post as a solution!

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you Vishesh,

This option is already enabled in my PBI but issue is that "File Format" shows disabled while selecting Underlying Data export. And also while downloading the file, not getting any data in it.

RaviPunna_0-1660813303040.jpeg

same problem facing here , unable to download underlying data in csv format .

can anyone help 

Hi @RaviPunna,

Try clicking on export, it should work.

I tried it with one of my datasets and the like you I have the option greyed out for the file format, but still I was able to export the data.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

I also can export the data but sheet shows with no data. Getting blank file.

Hi @RaviPunna,

Please can you make sure that from admin portal, both Excel and CSV format downloads have been enabled.

Also, please can you confirm that the data that you are trying to download is less than 150,000 rows as both excel and CSV have their limits to the numbers of rows that you can download.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

This one I'll check with the dataset. 

Thank you

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Minakshi 

Please check whether the visual object from which you exported the data has performed a summary calculation on the data.
After my research, if there is no summary data for Visual, then you cannot and do not need to export the summarized data, because the summarized data is the underlying data. When the visual aggregates the data and you have enough access to the data, then you can export the underlying data.

vangzhengmsft_0-1634613033478.png

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-angzheng-msftI am not sure what is the issue. But visuals support underlying data  as same as summarised data if they are built using measures. If we use columns in that case we can download underlying data. But in case of table or matrix, power bi doesn't allow to download underlying data. This is my observation.

Minakshi
Resolver I
Resolver I

@lbendlinYes, I am owner of dataset. It is on premium capacity.
I am trying to download from a table but underlying data option is disabled.

Hi @Minakshi 

It is possible that your Power BI Admin has disabled the "Export to Excel" option. This still allows Summarized data but will prevent you downloading the underlying data. Check with your Power BI Admin.

Hope this helps

Stuart  

@Burningsuit   export to excel is enabled but still power bi is not allowing to download.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide more details. Are you the dataset owner? Is this on shared or premium? Have you updated the app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors