Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minakshi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Not able to download underlying data on power BI service

Hi All,
I wist to download underlying data from Power BI service but on power BI service it allows only summarized data. Kindly help me

Thanks in advance
with this.Underlying data is disabledUnderlying data is disabledticked the option for both underlying and summarized dataticked the option for both underlying and summarized data

6 REPLIES 6
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Minakshi 

Please check whether the visual object from which you exported the data has performed a summary calculation on the data.
After my research, if there is no summary data for Visual, then you cannot and do not need to export the summarized data, because the summarized data is the underlying data. When the visual aggregates the data and you have enough access to the data, then you can export the underlying data.

vangzhengmsft_0-1634613033478.png

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-angzheng-msftI am not sure what is the issue. But visuals support underlying data  as same as summarised data if they are built using measures. If we use columns in that case we can download underlying data. But in case of table or matrix, power bi doesn't allow to download underlying data. This is my observation.

Minakshi
Resolver I
Resolver I

@lbendlinYes, I am owner of dataset. It is on premium capacity.
I am trying to download from a table but underlying data option is disabled.

Hi @Minakshi 

It is possible that your Power BI Admin has disabled the "Export to Excel" option. This still allows Summarized data but will prevent you downloading the underlying data. Check with your Power BI Admin.

Hope this helps

Stuart  

@Burningsuit   export to excel is enabled but still power bi is not allowing to download.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide more details. Are you the dataset owner? Is this on shared or premium? Have you updated the app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!