Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shamsuddeenvp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Not able to create Gateway

Dear,

PowerBI.png

I am not able to create gateway, I have installed on-premise data gateway. AFter that once I tried to add the gateway, below error is coming.

The insert image option here also not workin to add the screenshot. 

Can you pls help me on this. Was able to add gateway and datasources sometimes back and this system is not stable or I am not sure some thing to do with our office network.

Failed to create gateway. Please try again.
The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

Br,

Sham

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@shamsuddeenvp

Based on the error message, the issue is on the connection between your local machine to Power BI Services. Please check the proxy configuration. Make sure you update the On-Premise Gateway to latest version. Configure it properly and restart the service to see if it works. If the issue still persists, please check On-premises data gateway service logs under: C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\Gateway*.log

You can also check event logs and fiddler trace. For more detail information, please see: Troubleshooting the On-Premises Data Gateway

Regards,

Dear @v-sihou-msft,

I am still facing this issue. Tried to see event viewer etc, without success.

It would be good if you provide somemore details.

Br,

Sham 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors