Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

imrangaslam
Frequent Visitor

Not able to Create Power BI App

Hello All, I am trying to create on app on my power bi workspace. I have one workspace and their I have one report, one dashboard and one dataset. On report and dashbaord is showing inlcude in app but on dataset is not showing any thing. And when I am trying to create app is showing no data source are defined for this page and taken me to Authentication page.

Any idea how to slove this problem.

I have Power BI Premimum license.

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @imrangaslam 

The dataset is not required when creating an App. Users who are consumers of the app only need access to view the Dashboard and report, this then connects to the underlying dataset.

You can change the permissions for other users to build a report off the underlying dataset when in the App permissions as shown below.

GilbertQ_0-1615329396363.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Hi @imrangaslam 

Could you please show a screeshot of the issue you are facing to assist?

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
imrangaslam
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply. To create app do I need only any report in power bi workspace or is there any other requiremnts also. I create one report in power bi desktop and then I uploaded in power bi services and now I have this report in my workspace. I also create one workspace and this report are located in this place and their is showin is inlcude in app. But when I am creating the app at then end he taking to me Authencication page and there is message no data sources defined for this app. 

Please if you can explain little bit more.

Thanks you .

Hi @imrangaslam 

Could you please show a screeshot of the issue you are facing to assist?

Power BI Blog

Thank you for your reply. When I am trying to create the app from one report and one dashboard then its showing me error and later I create the app from report only then it works.

Thank you again for your kind reply.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @imrangaslam 

The dataset is not required when creating an App. Users who are consumers of the app only need access to view the Dashboard and report, this then connects to the underlying dataset.

You can change the permissions for other users to build a report off the underlying dataset when in the App permissions as shown below.

GilbertQ_0-1615329396363.png

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors