Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vinayak

Not Able to connect to Power BI one Drive for Business

I am using Power BI service and whenever I try to connect to One Drive for Business I get the belwo message,

"We're setting things up, which typically takes about 30 minutes, but may be longer. Please check back later."

Not sure why I am recieing  this because I was able to connect to it once and after that I keep getting the above message even after waiting for hours.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
smogherah

Im also having the same issue. It was working fine before but now even after waiting for 3 hours it doesnt set up and i cant connect my files to power bi

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

What Power BI account do you use? A free account or Pro trial account?

Is the account the same as the one once used to connect to One Drive successfully?

If not, do you have a license for OneDrive for Business? This message may happen if you've signed up for Power BI but don't already use Office 365.  You can click the icon with nine dots in the top left  and see if a OneDrive icon appears there.  If not, you are in this situation.

If it is in this case, you may need to speak with your IT Administrator to have a license assigned, then use the account to have a try.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi,

I am using a Pro trial Account.
Yes, it's the same account which once connected sucessffuly to One Drive.
I can also see One Drive icon, when click the icon with nine dots in the top left.

Regards,
Vinayak

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors