Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swarnikasinha
Helper I
Helper I

Not Able to Refresh the Dataset :You Can’t schedule refresh for this dataset.

Hi Team

I Need Urgent Help.

I am getting 4 API’s to get data in power BI desktop. All 4 API is parameterized with one ID. So I have created one Parameter.

So whenever I pass a parameter I get data for all 4 API in power Bi desktop.

Close & Apply > Graph is refreshed. I have published that to power I Service.

There I have Parameter Option I pass the Value of Parameter Refresh the dataset > Refresh Report Link and Graphs Refreshed.

Now the Issue is client wants they need to have a filter of Cohort ID whenever they select any ID the Graph should reflect that graph.

I build a table in Power BI Desktop. 4 table for all 4 graphs, having all cohort ID / Cohort name and its data within it.

swarnikasinha_0-1623993996059.png

But the issue is when I publish this and try to set up schedule refresh or on demand refresh gives an error.

Which is this

You Can’t schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don’t support refresh.

swarnikasinha_1-1623993996063.png

As I need to embed this report in an application so that client can filter data giving cohort name respective to cohort ID and that gives refreshed graph for that particular cohort ID.

Thankyou.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @swarnikasinha 

Right now this type of data source is not supported to refresh in the Power BI Service.

What you can do as a workaround is to use the relative path option as shown below

Setting a scheduled refresh on a Dynamic Data Source in Power BI | by dataninja | DataDrivenInvestor

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query An...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Hi @GilbertQ Thankyou For your Response. I have tried relative Path and made a Function but function gives me error.  Can post more details in some time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
swarnikasinha
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

@GilbertQ I have made a function Using Relative Path and Query in it now, and I am able to get my Data in single table now.

I was getting error message in data Source Setting earlier mention Below.

swarnikasinha_0-1624456839414.png

Now it seems to be fine . there no warning message now.

Though when I Publish it to Power BI service, for authentication one Data Source Credential Says :

“Some Credentials are not validated as they are set to skip test connecton”.

Could you please tell me about this.

Regards

Swarnika sinha

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @swarnikasinha 

Right now this type of data source is not supported to refresh in the Power BI Service.

What you can do as a workaround is to use the relative path option as shown below

Setting a scheduled refresh on a Dynamic Data Source in Power BI | by dataninja | DataDrivenInvestor

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Using The RelativePath And Query Options With Web.Contents() In Power Query An...

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ Thankyou For your Response. I have tried relative Path and made a Function but function gives me error.  Can post more details in some time.

Hi @swarnikasinha 

You would need to see what the error is to assist

Power BI Blog

Thanks Much Appreciated the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors