Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Non pro users users in the organization are unable to access app

Hello,

We are currently using a Power BI Premium capacity (PI) and have shared an app with our users. Our Pro users can access the App but our non pro users cannot. They get the following error message.
MicrosoftTeams-image.png
According to Premium documentation users do not need Pro Licenses to access content shared on a Premium capacity so we're unsure as to why we're getting this error? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @pborah 

What is happening is that you still need to sign up to Power BI even to get a Power BI free license.

If the organization will not open the sign up, you will have to assign Power BI Free licenses via Office 365

Power BI licensing for users in your organization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @pborah 

The reason for this is that the users will still need to get a Power BI Free license. Because the organization has disabled signing up for any Power BI license that is why the error is coming up.

A workaround is to assign the users Power BI Free Licenses.

Power BI Blog

pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks @GilbertQ , everyone in the organization atleast has an E3 licence, which I believe is the free one.

Hi @pborah ,

As mentioned by GilbertQ, you still need to sign up to power bi to get a free license. You can check and mange it in  Mirrosoft 365 admin center Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-manage-licenses

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @pborah 

What is happening is that you still need to sign up to Power BI even to get a Power BI free license.

If the organization will not open the sign up, you will have to assign Power BI Free licenses via Office 365

Power BI licensing for users in your organization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors