Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Non-gateway exception in Network logs

Hi All,

We have noticed some unknown errors in Enterprise On-premise gateway logs, specifically network logs.

The error is "Non-gateway network exception encountered in activity scope: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectAbortedException: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it has been Aborted."

Though there is no functionality issue but we could see these errors in Network logs very often without any reason. Microsoft couldn't comment on this as they suggested to check with our internal infra team. There is no luck when we did the same. The issue is not reproducible too. Kindly share any pointers which might help in finding the root cause of these errors. Appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks!

Regards,

Abhilash V

7 REPLIES 7
kanga99
Regular Visitor

Hi.

I have the same issue.

Can someone help me, please?

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my reaserch, this is not a issue caused by power bi.

You can refer the related posts, maybe you can get help.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/fc60cd6d-1df9-47ff-90a8-dd8d5de1f080/the-communication-object-cannot-be-used-because-it-is-in-the-faulted-state?forum=wcf

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2763592/the-communication-object-system-servicemodel-channels-servicechannel-cannot-be

Best Regards,

Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Link,

Thanks for your response. If it is not related to gateway, I am guessing some data source linked to gateway might be causing this error. Any pointers on this?

Thanks!

BR,

Abhilash V

Hi @Anonymous,

Please check Error logs, and check if there is a corresponding error message.

Please refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot

Best Regards,

Link

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Link,

Thanks for your response again. I have checked with Mircosoft support regarding this matter and it is sorted. 

BR,

Abhilash V

Hello.

I have a similar issue.

Can you share the details of the solution that Microsoft provide you?

Hi @Anonymous

Okay, looking forward your good news!

Best Regards,

Link

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors