Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JRUSAN

Non-Licensed users not able to access reports.

I've shared my reports with non-licensed users for about a year now. Every once in awhile the non-lisenced users will not be able to see my reports I shared with them, sometimes when they click on the report in power bi it does not load. Infact none of the reports do anything when the non-licesned users click on them. Usually if they refresh the page or exit out of power bi and re-enter it usually works fine. We are currently going on day two of several non-licensed users not being able to access my reports. Why is this happening at random? 

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JRUSAN.

As Greg_Deckler said, current share feature except publish to web feature requires pro and awake license.
I'm not sure why they still work on your side, perhaps you can contact to power bi team to confirm these backend reasons.

Regards,

Xiaoxoin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Um, if that ever worked it probably should not have for at least a year or two. Unless you are using Premium capacity or Embedded capacity. Are you using Premium capacity or Embedded capacity?

For sharing, everyone needs a Pro license or you need to use Premium/Embedded capacity.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I was under the impression if I have a Pro License I could create and share reports to non-licensed users for viewing purposes...

No, that hasn't been true for at least a couple years after Microsoft changed up the licensing when they introduced Premium. Surprised it was working for you at all!!

You can Publish to Web but that isn't the most secure thing in the world.

@JRUSAN I hope none of this is coming across as harsh or anything like that. That is not my intent, I am just trying to explain the licensing model.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors