Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No usage metric repots in app workspaces?

Hi Community,

With the new app workspace feature I am missing Usage Metrics reports. Are they discontinued with the new functionalities (app workspace is not o365 group anymore). Will this come back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Planned new app workspace preview features

Some other new app workspace preview features are still being developed, but aren't available yet as we launch the preview:

• No Leave workspace button.
  • Usage metrics aren't supported yet.
  • How Premium works: You can assign and create workspaces in a Premium capacity, but to move a workspace between capacities, go to the workspace’s settings.
  • SharePoint web part embedding isn't supported yet.
  • No OneDrive button for Office 365 groups in Get Data/Files.

Found it by myself 🙂 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-the-new-workspaces#how-are-the-new-app-work...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gjadal
Employee
Employee

Is there any workaround to get the usage metrics for apps as of today?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for late response, I hope it's still relevant. ... 

You can use more detailed o365 activity logs 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-auditing

You can get the data from audit logs via API or other methods (I had to use PowerShell and get the data via .NET app to SQL database, then tidy up the data (ETL) and make some reports about it) 

However it's a bit messy and work is needed in order to make sense of the data. The default workspace usage functionality is quite good for individual reports, however lacking of ability to have an overview for all organisation. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Planned new app workspace preview features

Some other new app workspace preview features are still being developed, but aren't available yet as we launch the preview:

• No Leave workspace button.
  • Usage metrics aren't supported yet.
  • How Premium works: You can assign and create workspaces in a Premium capacity, but to move a workspace between capacities, go to the workspace’s settings.
  • SharePoint web part embedding isn't supported yet.
  • No OneDrive button for Office 365 groups in Get Data/Files.

Found it by myself 🙂 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-the-new-workspaces#how-are-the-new-app-work...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors