Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HInkelstein Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

No "gateway setttings" option in Dataset Options

Hi All,

I cannot access (just now menu entry) the gateway settings of my dataset. I am Administrator of the gateway and i own the dataset. In Settings of dataset I miss "Gateway Connection" and "Data Source Credentials", the settings start with "Parameters", then "Scheduled Cache Refresh", then "Q&A and Cortana".

I found: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataset-Options-Gateway-option-not-listed/m-p/632577#M62783 but this points to not beeing Admin of the gateway.

Shouldn't I be able to change or at least see the gateway settings?

Thanks

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: No "gateway setttings" option in Dataset Options

Hi @HInkelstein ,

What is your data source and how did you conenct to your data source here. If you use live connection, that is by default.

live.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @HInkelstein ,

What is your data source and how did you conenct to your data source here. If you use live connection, that is by default.

live.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
HInkelstein Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks for your answer. Yes, It is a live connection using the gateway. So it's behavior by design?

Peter

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @HInkelstein ,

Yes, it is by desgin.