Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rnoyce
Frequent Visitor

No longer able to subscribe to dashboards or reports within apps

subscribe error.png

I have already subscribed to dashboards within apps before successfully, and am still receiving a daily email from them, so the subscription is still live.  However, when I try to subscribe to a new dashboard or report in a new app, I am receiving the above error message - since when has this changed, and is it likely to remain? 

I have several users who wish to use the subscribe function and are unable to now.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rnoyce,

First, please contact with the dashboard owner to comfirm whether this dashboard is still available or make any change to it.

Not all dashboards support subscription, please follow this article to check:

Subscribe to a Power BI report or dashboard

Besides, delete this new app, and get it again for a test whether you can add subscription.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rnoyce,

First, please contact with the dashboard owner to comfirm whether this dashboard is still available or make any change to it.

Not all dashboards support subscription, please follow this article to check:

Subscribe to a Power BI report or dashboard

Besides, delete this new app, and get it again for a test whether you can add subscription.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Thanks for your response.  It appears that you cannot yet subscribe to an app that is listed in the Apps section of Power BI.  You can subscribe to an app from within a workspace though.

I am the owner of the apps that have been published - I am able to edit them etc, but I can't subscribe to them unless I'm viewing them from within the workspace.  I have granted permissions to other users so that they are able to retrieve the apps from the "Get Apps" section, which allows them to see the app, but they are unable to subscribe to it.

In order for them to subscribe, I have to edit the app workspace and add the users to the app workspace.  This will result in end users having two areas to view their dashboards / reports - within Apps and within App Workspaces.

Sorry for going into detail - hopefully others may find this useful as I didn't find the process very intuitive

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors