Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

redaho
Frequent Visitor

No data retrieved from exchange data source upon refresh from power bi service

Hi,

I have a report and one of my visuals ( a table) takes its source from my exchange mailbox.

When I refresh this table from Power BI desktop I get the data without issue as shown below:

PBI table.PNG

However, when I refresh my report from Power BI service, the refresh goes well, but when I check the report, I see an empty table

PBI Exch 2.PNG

Anyone experienced this issue before? Any workaround?

Thanks a lot

R

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This post is quite old, but I actually face exactly the same issue using an Exchange source.

Did you manage to resolve this problem ?

Everything is fine on PowerBI Desktop. I can refresh my data without any problems.

When I publish on PowerBI Service, I got the same data as the one on Desktop, but as soon as I refresh on PowerBI Service, all the data I had disappear, and I just get empty tables.

I'm using an OAuth2 authentication.

An interesting thing is that when connecting with OAUth2 on PowerBI Service, I have to log on microsoftonline.com afterwards.PBI Service Exchange OAuth autorisation.png

On PowerBI Desktop, I'm using Exchange to connect. When using "Microsoft account", I don't retrieve any data either on the Desktop.

PBI Desktop Parametre Source.png

Does anybody have an idea on how to resolve this problem ?

Parameters :

PBI Service Exchange.png

Tables after refresh on PowerBI Service:

PBI Service Exchange Data.PNG

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @redaho,

Did you check the refresh history in the Settings? If it's possible you sign in another account?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried creating a report, with a single data source (Exchange online). I published the report and went to PBI service where I verified the credentials. The email address there was correct and I authenticated using OAuth2 with success

I then refreshed the report from PBI service. The result was a blank table (same than the one I shared in my first email)

Hence I don't think it's due to the sign in to another account.

Thanks,

R

Hi @redaho,

That's quite weird. Did you apply any filters? I would suggest you open a support ticket here.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors