Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BIfanatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

No data refresh due to time-out - SAP BW

Hello,

Our report - which is based on two SAP BW Queries - seems to experience difficulties regarding the scheduled refresh. This is the error that we got back:

"Last refresh failed: Wed Jul 19 2017 13:15:26 GMT+0200 (West-Europa (zomertijd)) 
The gateway operation has been cancelled explicitly by the user or from a timeout.

Cluster URI:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:154fa1d8-8f12-4828-b29b-c78146a65d35
Request ID:90e3ff99-04a9-4e78-a7ab-7d55a0d71242
Time:2017-07-19 11:15:26Z

"

Is there too much data or is there something wrong in the communication between SAP en Power BI? (the report is way under the limit of 1GB) 

If anyone can offer any advice or provide further information that would be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BIfanatic,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of Gateway from here to see if it works?

If the issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on it. Smiley Happy 

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BIfanatic,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of Gateway from here to see if it works?

If the issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on it. Smiley Happy 

Regards

The update worked. We were not aware of this update.

Is there a general overview of when we can expect updates to any aspect of Power BI?

Hi @BIfanatic,

Great to hear the problem got resolved!

The current version number and a notification about a new version once it is available can be viewed on the Status tab of the Gateway Settings UI. You can access this UI at any time after your gateway configuration, by simply searching for “On-premises data gateway” in the start menu. Smiley Happy

ui.PNG

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Thanks for your info! Actually I was not talking about the current version, but the planning of future updates with which we can prevent new problems with version incongruency. It is nice to know what we can expect when Smiley Happy

Hi @BIfanatic,

It is nice to know what we can expect when Smiley Happy

I don't think there is an option to know when a newer version is coming. The notification will show up on the status tab only when a new version is available. So we may need to check the Status regularly to know if there is newer version available. Smiley Happy

Regards

BIfanatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

No-one who can give any advice?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors