Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

No Subtotals in matrix

Hi,

I am new on Power BI and trying to create an matrix report but acutally I am fighting with following problem:

I have a customer field with two levels or sub categories. 

When I only show the level 1 data a see values on each level 1 data and when I expand to level 2 I only see values each level 2 data. At this moment I am missing values on each level 1 data but I need them because they are sum of the level 2 values.

I know I could also solve this with the subtotal function but this doesn't work I don't know why.

The measure has an calculator icon and the source is an connecting with an Olap Cube.

I don't know what to do.

Best regards,

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you turn the option "Row subtotal" on in Format? Based on my test, seemed that everyting worked well.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft

thank you for your answer.

In settings the option row subtotals is also ON.

Is it maybe because of the measure(type)? The icon next do measure is an calculator?

Because when i try it with an excel file it works but I am conncted with an olap. 

Unbenannt.JPG

Best regards

Hi @Anonymous,

I tested it using measure. It worked well all the same. Could you please tell me what is your formula? Or kindly share your pbix to me if you have no confidential data? Please upload your file to One Drive and share the link here.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors