Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BI2B
Frequent Visitor

New versions (replace) .pbix file in LCS for Dynamics 365

Hi All,

My question: How to replace the  file .pbix with the same name in LCS for Dynamics 365?

My target:  I want to connect to prod SQL a new version of the file (with changes),

What would be the same report with the same name on powerbi.com

--

Now I'm creating a new report (second) with the same name.

Thanks for the help

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BI2B,

If the report is published from Desktop at first, it will be replaced with the new version of the report. We can have many report with the same name. But that won't be a good idea.

New_versions_replace

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

Thank you for your help.
I do not need many reports,  I need 1.
If I published the report from the desktop I would not have such a problem.
When publishing from the desktop, you have the option to create a new report or replace it.

In my case, I do not publish a report from the desktop, but I'm deploy file .pbix  through LCS so this is the only way to reconnect report to SQL production.
And in this case, I need  that I had 1 report but not many copies.
My question:  I want replace existing dataset (and report) . How to do it in LCS ?

http://axhelper.com/?p=15900

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors