Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

willclein
Helper I
Helper I

New sharing experience and Shared with me

With the new sharing experience, it seems that a sharing link is sent to the user's inbox, but they are not added to the Direct Access list for that report.

Does this mean that anyone that I share with using the new sharing experience can only access the report via link and the report won't show up in their Shared with me section of the service? If so, is there a way to disable the new experience so that users can be easily added directly and the reports appear in their Shared with me section?

I'd rather users not have to try and manage links to the reports that have been shared with them which I believe is the purpose of Shared with me.

1 REPLY 1
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @willclein 

With the "new" sharing dialogue, the default is to create a link that is emailed to the recipient. The Report shared does not appear in "Shared with me" until the link is first accessed, then the Report can be seen in "Shared with me". Note that the default share option "People in your organisation with the link can view,share and build new content" creates an email with a link that goes to the recipient, but can be forwarded by them inside the organisation and will work for the new recipient. 

You can always get back to the "old" sharing method by clicking the "more options" (three dots) at the top right of the sharing dialog, select "manage permissions" and clicking the + against "manage permissions". That will get you back to the "old" share dialog, useful for sharing direct into "Shared with me" without sending an email, or sharing outside the organisation. 

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors