Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cathryn
Helper III
Helper III

New on-prem gateway disappeared after gateway upgrade

Hi All

This is really strange.  When I took over the BI role in my company there was a gateway installed that I couldn't access b/c I didn't have the recovery key so I created a new one GatewayII.

Yesterday I did the upgrade and now when I go to PowerBI, the original gateway is working and my Gateway II isn't.  When I go to the server that has the on-prem gateway, I open up the interface and it shows the original Gateway active and good to go.  I can't figure out how to find GatewayII.

So, can anyone help me with finding my 2nd gateway and fixing it so it's online or changing my reports to point to the original gateway?  I can't figure out how to switch gateways for the reports.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cathryn,

If the original gateway and GatewayII are created under the same Power BI account, though you update the data gateway, those two gateways should available in Manage Gateways. In your scenario, please check if those two gateways are created under the same Power BI account firstly.

To configure the dataset to use original gateway, you need to create all data sources under original gateway use the same connection information as in the dataset. Then you can go to dataset settings to select the original gateway. Assume the dataset only have one SQL Server data source, you can follow this article: Manage your data source - SQL Server.

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cathryn,

If the original gateway and GatewayII are created under the same Power BI account, though you update the data gateway, those two gateways should available in Manage Gateways. In your scenario, please check if those two gateways are created under the same Power BI account firstly.

To configure the dataset to use original gateway, you need to create all data sources under original gateway use the same connection information as in the dataset. Then you can go to dataset settings to select the original gateway. Assume the dataset only have one SQL Server data source, you can follow this article: Manage your data source - SQL Server.

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors