Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lilylv
Helper I
Helper I

New feature issue:error while export report to PPT/PDF with filters

Hello

I can export the report with page filters now after the export to PDF/PPT new feature released, but it happened that for those reports with filters in Chinese, the reports exported were blank or with ??? values. Is it a bug or just because an extra language package is needed for this feature?

Report view on PBI service(the values and the filters in Chinese are presented well):

Untitled1.png

PDF/PPT version exported(no values and filters with Chinese now displayed 😞

Untitled.png

Thanks&Best Regards,

Lily

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Lilylv
Helper I
Helper I

I can export report to PDF with filters well now. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try using https://exporttoppt.azurewebsites.net/ to see if it works for your scenario.

Lilylv
Helper I
Helper I

I can export report to PDF with filters well now. Thanks.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lilylv ,

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here. There are some Limitations and considerations about exporting report to pdf in Power BI servie.
Please refer to the online document. Did you use custom visuals in your report or something elso?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-pdf

export.PNG

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

@v-frfei-msft 

Thank you for the information. I read the doc your just shared and didn't find any limitation to my report. Before the new feature "export to pdf" is released on PBI service, I can export the report well to Powerpoint with filters on/or not on it(though at that time the filter values only can displayed as default), but now this issue occurrs to both PPT and PDF. And this happens to all of our report users...

In addition, I've tried to use export to PDF for this report with filter "Area" applied and filter "DealerName" applied(two scenarios), there is no Chinese in the filter "Area", then the report generated successfully, but for other one "DealerName" with Chinese values it failed, it seems that when I generate this report PowerBI tried to translate the Chinese value to English but not recognized.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors