Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Greg_Davurse
Helper I
Helper I

New Update to Report not Reflecting in Content Pack

Hi All, 

I've created several content packs and I keep running into the same issue. Please help. 

I created a Content Pack, called Content Pack1. However, I noticed that the report, called Report1, within the content pack needed some additions/changes. When I make the changes to Report1 within the PBI Desktop and then re-Publish as the same name, Report1, the changes are noticed in the report under my service, but do not reflect in the Content Pack1. Therefore my colleagues do not see the changes. 

It was my understanding once you update a report, it should update the content pack. Is this true, or am I missing an order of operation somewhere? If so, what do I need to do? Thanks in advance. 

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Greg_Davurse Content Packs will only push updates in data, not structure. The downstream effects are bigger on the end users as they are taking copies, so they will need to get a new copy everytime you refresh a Content Pack. As such, you need to go to Settings -> View Content Pack -> Choose the one you want by selecting Edit -> then scroll through and hit "Update". This will push the changes to the end users and prompt them to get the latest version if they want it.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Greg_Davurse Content Packs will only push updates in data, not structure. The downstream effects are bigger on the end users as they are taking copies, so they will need to get a new copy everytime you refresh a Content Pack. As such, you need to go to Settings -> View Content Pack -> Choose the one you want by selecting Edit -> then scroll through and hit "Update". This will push the changes to the end users and prompt them to get the latest version if they want it.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Sounds good. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors