Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ashley
Helper II
Helper II

New Row Selection changes

Hi,

I'm seeing this new thing happening in PowerBI Service that doesn't happen in my desktop file. When I select a table row in PowerBI Service, it changes the design and colour of the non-selected rows (screenshot below). Is this a new feature that PowerBi thought would be useful? Because I do not want it to function this way but I'm not seeing this in my desktop file so I'm not sure how to change it. Any insight would be helpful!

Ashley_0-1654014640340.png

Thank you,

Ashley

11 REPLIES 11
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hey Ashley,
When you click on a row, Power BI service will try to highlight the row by greying out the other rows and it should behave the same way in Power BI Desktop. Is that what you are experiencing? or is it a very obvious change of colour?

Before selection:

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1654017341504.png

After a row selected:

Tutu_in_YYC_1-1654017373450.png

It never looked this way before now in PowerBI Service, and it does not match my desktop file. 

Desktop file row selected:

Ashley_0-1654017493794.png

PowerBI Service row selected:

Ashley_1-1654017530733.png

Not sure where this change is coming from, but it's not desired...

Can you try a different browser? Im wondering if it is coming from browser settings.

Happens in a different browser too. And like I said, this just popped up out of nowhere. I've been using the same browser account for months with no changes and now it appears this way. Which is really unfortunate and a bit annoying since it's a pretty drastic change to the look of the overall design 😞 

I agree, especially if you have invested alot of time in the look and the design of the report.

Im trying to replicate this situation, but am not able to. Can you let me know if there's something specific that you have implemented? i.e custom template etc?

Ya, seems like an odd issue! Nothing custom here, just OOB visuals in my PowerBI file...I do have a custom JSON theme, however that has not changed in awhile so I can't see that being the issue.

I will play around to see if i can replicate the scenario.

Ok, thank you!

Hey Ashley,
I am not able to recreate the scenario. But somebody else seems to have the same issue. Can you add comments to the open issue in the below link?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Report-theme-changed-when-published-to-the-service-Power-BI-...

Thanks for trying, I have posted in that link and have also submitted a direct support ticket. Hopefully this can get resolved!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors