Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

npombo
Helper I
Helper I

New Power BI Update Does Not Allow Online Report to be Replaced

Hello,

I noticed today when attempting to republish a PBIX report online that I was no longer given the option to override the pre-existing report given that they have the same name and workspace. Instead of the pre-existing prompt, I am now greeted with this: 

npombo_0-1672178432693.png

When choosing to replace, this only affects the dataset being uploaded and not the report itself.

I don't want to have to reshare links and reshare permissions every time I go to publish this report, as the stakeholders of prior reports are used to navigating to a bookmark for consistency's sake. I'm not sure why Microsoft would decide to implement this evidently hindering change.

Any thoughts on how to work around this? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @npombo ,

I tested your issue in my Power BI Desktop and Service, but do not get the same issue. (The dataset and report can both be replaced).

Here are the versions of my Desktop and Service.

vxiaosunmsft_0-1672214159306.pngvxiaosunmsft_1-1672214178039.png

Try to refresh the page and see if the problem still remains. If this cannot help you, could you please tell us the version of your Desktop in order that we can help you further more?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

It appears as though we are working with the same version of Power BI desktop: 

npombo_0-1672245602460.png

Refreshing the page does not solve the issue at hand. To clarify/provide additional context - I am working with Power BI live datasets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors