Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nelsong20
Advocate II
Advocate II

New Navigation Builder keeps switching ON.

Has anyone else noticed that, when updating an app in the Service, the new navigation builder is now reverting to On. I have it switched it off in all my apps, but now, whenever I go to update an app, I find it's been switched back on.
I have only noticed it for about the last 2 weeks. Before that, once I had switched it off, it stayed off.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nelsong20 ,

Thanks for pointing it out. I have reported this to PG,  Once fixed, will let you know.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Kevin_Brennan ,

PG is working on a fix. We don't have an ETA yet, but will update when we have one.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
roselilly23
Advocate V
Advocate V

It seems like this has been fixed now, it no longer turns on automatically in our tenant. 

Awesome, thanks for letting us know

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft : Do we have a time line on this issue?

Kevin_Brennan
Frequent Visitor

Is there an ETA on fixing this?

Hi @Kevin_Brennan ,

PG is working on a fix. We don't have an ETA yet, but will update when we have one.

@v-frfei-msft Any update on this? Incredibly frustrating to have to remember to turn this new feature off any time we make an amendment to an app

vinodsingamsett
Frequent Visitor

I too facing the same issue New Navigation Bulder Keeps Swithching on 

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nelsong20 ,

Thanks for pointing it out. I have reported this to PG,  Once fixed, will let you know.

I see there is a solution for this issue, and that it has been reported.  Please do fix.

jldski
Frequent Visitor

It is happening to our Apps as well and I sure hope it never becomes a permanent layout change without an option! It is not preferable for our organization or users in any way.

roselilly23
Advocate V
Advocate V

Yes, I have noticed this too but only in the last 2 days. It is really annoying, especially because the new app layout sucks. 

Hi there

I am going to say that sooner than later there will be no option to decide between the new and the old layouts.

I personally think the newer version looks better and has better functionality for report consumers

Power BI Blog

I sure do hope you're wrong about that. I would hate to see the new interface become the norm.

We had great hopes for it when it was announced but we've opted NOT to use it, because: (1) it's ugly, (2) even though you can resize the menu bar, you just can't reduce it enough to get it out of the way, and as a result (3) it totally messes up the utilisation of the screen landscape for the report itself.

We use reports, not dashboards, for all of our data, and we have everything laid out well in terms of screen space utilisation. This new nav builder ruins that.

It is interesting to see everyones comments on what works and what does not work.

I have no idea in terms of if the new or old version will or will not be made permanent

Power BI Blog

My issue with the new layout is that it becomes confusing which is a report, which is just a page within a report and what is a dashboard. I also really dislike the colour schemes, they're all so in your face.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors