Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Look in Power BI Service - Metadata

Hi All, 

I've just enabled the "New Look" for the Power BI Service.  I see and understand most of the updates - however none of my reports are showing the Metadata in the top ribbon.  Is this something that has to be enabled somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  It only exists in Edge.  IE and Chrome are able to display the metadata.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news! I just received an email today with a link to try the new MS Edge Beta.  It now shows the metadata. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  It only exists in Edge.  IE and Chrome are able to display the metadata.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news! I just received an email today with a link to try the new MS Edge Beta.  It now shows the metadata. Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Good looking out!  Just downloaded and works beautifully.  Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not seeing the date/time refreshed in the header in either Chrome or Edge (non-beta)

We are getting the same behaviour in IE and Chrome (no updated date). Also the report name renders incorrectly - it shows the incorrect report name and does not alter depending on the report open.

Edge does not show the metadata at all.

Version  2.72.5556.801 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did some testing and found out that the "wrong" report title being shown is actually one of the dashboards in the workspace the report is in.  Tried removing all my dashboards and the metadata now displays the correct report title.  This is only in Chrome, IE, and Edge Beta.  Still no metadata in current Edge version.  Another nuance I noticed is that you only see the report title and not the page name when you have multiple tabs/pages in the report.  In the report where I only have one tab, the metadata shows both report title and page name.

Report with only one tab.png

Thanks for letting us know what is working or not working from your testing!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi there

As noted above it is an issue that the Power BI Engineers are working on still.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

It stopped working in Edge (beta) and Chrome.  It still works in IE.  I just sent the feedback below to Microsoft.

------------------------------------

Meta data used to work fine in Edge (beta), Chrome, and IE. As of today, only IE works. In Edge (beta) it is stuck showing the tab name from a report even after I switched to another report.

------------------------------------

IE metadata.png

Regards,

Ferdinand

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I have just completed a check where I have access to the new look and old look.

What I am suspecting happens is that once you enable the new look, the dataset would need to refresh before it will show the updated date.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @GilbertQ!  Unfortunately, I have tried both the dataset refresh and report level refresh and neither of these have fixed the issue.

Let me see if I can figure it out

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors