Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thomas9921
Frequent Visitor

New Gateway not working

Hello, 

I recently got a new machine from my company's IT department. With it, we had to install a new gateway (on-premise). It appears to be online, but when I try to connect a data source I get an "invalid creditials" error. The thing that puzzles our IT department is that the same credintials on the same data source work on the old machine with the old gateway. The gateways seem identical, but there must be something off on the new one. 

Please help!!

4 REPLIES 4
Arranafc19
Helper IV
Helper IV

@thomas9921 @v-janeyg-msft I am getting a similar issue with datasets failing on a scheduled refresh. I have multiple datasets using the same connection , one could fail and others work. When I push a manual refresh after it fails it runs straight away ...

Arranafc19_0-1621431262553.png

Hi,  @Arranafc19 

It is recommended that you separate the scheduled refresh time and try to avoid refreshing together.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @thomas9921 

Have you tried to enter the credential information again? This error doesn't mean that it is a problem with the gateway. If the gateway connection is normal, you can see the green prompt when configuring the data source, you can check it. If there are multiple gateways, make sure they are all upgraded to the same version. And you need to check whether the new machine has permission to access the data source.

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @thomas9921 

Is your problem been solved? If yes, kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from the thread.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors