Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daryl_K
Resolver II
Resolver II

New Filter Experience not working once published (bug?)

I was an early adopter of the New Filter Experience (NFE) since I like how much screen real estate is returned with the slide-out panel. I've used it on half-a-dozen reports already, so it's not like this is my first time, BUT I just completed a new report and have the NFE configured identically to the other 6 reports I've used it on. It shows and works in Desktop, but as soon as I publish it there is NO slide-out panel. The filter as I configured it (in desktop) is active, but there is no abilty for the user to change it.

FWIW there are no page- or visual-specific filters. I have two filters that use the date and are configured as active for "All pages." One is to ignore entries where the Date field is blank (this one is hidden, since there is no need for users to change it), and the other that is configured as visible and allows the user to set a date range - but you cannot see it once it's published!

Interestingly, if I refresh the page for a brief moment I see the Filter Panel on the right side, but once the refresh is complete it's hidden again.

Is this a corruption or a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OMG, I feel like an idiot. I know all about report-, page- and visual-specific filters, but I don't think I ever noticed this one hide/un-hide icon at the very top of the pane in Desktop...

2019-10-07_17-25-20.png

Apparently without even noticing it I clicked it (or maybe it was by default) and this hid the entire pane. Embarassed I couldn't find this for so long, but you KNOW I'll remember it from here on out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Daryl_K
Resolver II
Resolver II

P.S. I tried removed the filter for all pages and made some page-specific ones, and exact same result. It's like the filter is there, but the slide-out panel appears (during refresh) then is quickly suppressed.

OMG, I feel like an idiot. I know all about report-, page- and visual-specific filters, but I don't think I ever noticed this one hide/un-hide icon at the very top of the pane in Desktop...

2019-10-07_17-25-20.png

Apparently without even noticing it I clicked it (or maybe it was by default) and this hid the entire pane. Embarassed I couldn't find this for so long, but you KNOW I'll remember it from here on out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors