Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Filter Experience in Power BI Service missing

Is it just me, or has the new filter experience disappeared from the online service since the last update?

Developing Desktop reports, using that new filter experience, once uploaded now work as they used to with the grey-pane and every filter visible, whether it's been hidden in desktop development or not!?

I appreciate this is a preview feature, but it's one that we've embraced.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like reports published before this weeks update with the new filter experience have lost that facility since the February update. Republishing fixes the problem. (At least in my case this is true).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I was under the impression that you had to enable it from your PBIX and then it will remain once uploaded to the Power BI Service.

I uploaded quite a few reports today that had it enabled in Power BI Desktop and I can now see it in the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like reports published before this weeks update with the new filter experience have lost that facility since the February update. Republishing fixes the problem. (At least in my case this is true).

Thanks for letting us know!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there.

I am experiencing a similiar situation. I have enabled the new filter experience in the workbook at the desktop level. After I've uploaded in the WorkSpace, and refreshed the report, the filters set are missing. 

Please advise.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Firman

Hi there

Can you check the report level settings if it is enabled for the new filtering experience?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors