Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dflynn44
Frequent Visitor

New Fields Parameter not working in PBI Service

Hi-

I am attempting to implement the brand new Fields parameter.  It works as intended in PBI Desktop, but does not function when published to the PBI Service.  Toggling the slicer does not change the associated data.  I am using Import as the connection setting.  I am in the Government Community Cloud (GCC).  Perhaps this feature is not available in GCC yet?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's working now.  Given I didn't make a change, I will assume it was the latency in updating the GCC tenant.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Just tested it on a regular Premium Capacity, and it works as intended.  However I had to reset the app filters to make it work - maybe give that a try as well.

Our new implementation of the Field Parameters feature doesn't work in Edge (Version 101.0.1210.53 (Official build) (64-bit)), but does on Chrome (Version 102.0.5005.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)). 

define "doesn't work" - as I mentioned I noticed some function lag and had to refresh the page to make it work on Edge.

Sorry - I should have been more clear. Even after several browser page refreshes, and restarts, in Edge, when you click a slicer button, none of the visuals that are using the parameter field update their values with the specific selection. The "update" circles spin in the visuals, but the values don't change. In Chrome, clicking a slicer button updates all the visuals on the page as expected. Same dataset online (Premium capacity), different outcomes depending on the browser. I have yet to do a reboot however. I'll update this after I do that.

Reboot didn't help.

The Beta version of Edge ( Version 102.0.1245.22 (Official build) beta (64-bit) ) does work. 

Thanks for the reply.  No luck.  While I don't think this is a premium only feature, I did test in both premium and regular workspaces.  Since it works as expected in Desktop, I'm fairly certain the change hasn't been applied to the GCC tenants.  

It's working now.  Given I didn't make a change, I will assume it was the latency in updating the GCC tenant.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors