Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lapres
Frequent Visitor

New Data Gateway page - Data sources setting cannot be saved

We found the Data gateway page is revised. However, the data source setting sub-page is not working. The save button is not enabled

Findings:

1. The Save button works if the number of user mapping entries is limited

2. The save button not work if the number of user mapping entries over 100

Wish list:

that's great if Power BI API support user mapping creation. We have to adopt data source user mapping approach due to some AD issue behind. Currently, we need to create manually per user 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnthonyL
Frequent Visitor

Hello @lapres,

This is a bug caused by the new UI. Please find the solution of your issue here :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Couldn-t-add-a-user-in-the-Gateway-under-user-mapping/m-p/2...

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AnthonyL
Frequent Visitor

Hello @lapres,

This is a bug caused by the new UI. Please find the solution of your issue here :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Couldn-t-add-a-user-in-the-Gateway-under-user-mapping/m-p/2...

Regards,

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The API already supports adding users to gateway connections and removing them. However what is missing is support for the new user role types (read, owner etc)

Why do you need to have 100 or more developers using a gateway connection? Use Distribution Lists if you must.

Thanks, Ibendlin

I am not trying to add users in datasource. Instead, I am creating user mapping in the "Setting" menu so that my user is mapping a specific system user to my Tabular model behind. I can't find the corresponding user mapping API in this case.

The reason we adopt user mapping is map Azure ID to Local Domain Account for on-premise SSAS Tabular Model

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors