Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

acosantos
Advocate I
Advocate I

Never complete report publication

Hi,

We are having problems publishing / replacing reports on the PWBI Cloud Service.

We update the report on PWBI Desktop and when we publish and replace the report, the publication is pending and never completed.

Can you please help?
Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
acosantos
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

The problem occurs when we try to publish and replace a report. The publication is suspended, it seems that it is blocked and does not give an error message.
If we try to publish the report under a different name, that is, as a new report, it is no longer a problem. So it seems that the problem is related to replacement.

Last Monday we were able to publish and replace the report without errors. The problem seems to have been overcome.

Thanks.

Hi @acosantos ,

Thanks for your feedback. I can't reproduce your problem. I install Power BI Desktop as app from Microsoft Store and the version as follow:

Power BI Desktop version.JPG

As I checked your problem in Issues site, other people also encountered the same problem as you. Not sure if it is related to version of Power BI Desktop or region. Please upgrade your Power BI Desktop to the latest version and try to publish the report again after upgraded. In addition, you can also upload related pbix file in the way of Get Data in Power BI Service to see if it can be successful.

PBI Desktop publish not working / PBI Service .pbix upload removes backgrounds

If the problem occur again, you can raise a support ticket if you are with pro license. It is free.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @acosantos ,

Whether the problem still persist? Do you have the same problem when you update other reports and publish them to Power BI Service? Or is it just that a particular report cannot be published successfully after updating? If it is a specific report, can I know which information was updated in the report before publishing to Power BI Service? Did you get error message when publish the report to Power BI Service? If yes, could you please also provide the related screenshot? Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors