Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Luukv93
Frequent Visitor

Need your help on powerbi pro/premium

Hello,

Currently I am exploring Power BI pro, using the desktop to analyze data and publishing reports in the service.

In the service I created an app to share and publish reports/dashboards.

I have a few questions on which I need your assistance:

1We are a BI department of let's say 3/4 users that will create reports and dashboards. Then we have around 30/40 users that will actively use dashboards and need to have acces to data to analyse it themselves. Then we have around 100 users that will only use the reports as a reporting tool, they do not need dashboards nor acces to data. 

Do the 100 users that only need to have insight in the reports need a pro license?

What would be most benefitial? Purchasing 150 pro licenses or purchasing Power BI premium / embedded?

What are the key differences between premium and embedded?

When premium capacity would be more beneficial, then how much capacity would be wise to purchase?

Your help is much appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
u02cm62
Helper V
Helper V

The price point depends on if these users are internal or external customers?  Embedded is really meant for external customers, although you can use it for internal use.  The master account aka service account would need the power bi pro license if using embedded.  Sounds like unless you are a .net developer, I would stick with PBI Pro accounts and it takes a lot of these to get up to your premium instance unless you are considering an A SKU.  Plus you probably need more than 1 SKU.  If not an A SKU, then for sure PBI Pro Licenses.  If an A SKU, then that starts at like $700 so you could make the case but it doesn't provide much RAM (3 GB) so if you are using cubes, refreshing them might need more resources.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors