Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AllanXu
Helper II
Helper II

Need to have Active Directory or Azure AD data as part of my online PBI portal report data

Hello,

I need to create a PBI portal dashboard that show reports based on the Active Directory Data.

Our Active Directory is synced with Azure AD. So, I can use Azure AD Graph API in addition to the local AD LDAP queries.

What are my options to sync AD or AAD data to my PBI Portal Data Sources?

The AAD graph REST API is looking promising for my data source, but I am concern that PBI online does not have direct support for AAD Graph API and I encounter challenges with AAD data access authorization.  

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AllanXu,

Have you tried the preview of the new Power BI Content Pack for Azure Active Directory?Smiley Happy

With this integration of Azure Active Directory APIs with Power BI, you can easily download pre-built content packs and dig deeper into all the activities within your Azure Active Directory, and all this data is enhanced by the rich visualization experience Power BI offers. And you can create your own dashboard and share it easily with anyone in your organization.

Regards

Hello v-ljerr-msft,

The content pack you are refering to does not report AAD data. It reports the AAD usage data. Please mind the diffrence.

Also, it seems that content pack works on PBI portal. That means you cannot use it in PBI desktop then deploy it to PBI portal. Am I ocrrect?

Thank you,

Hi @AllanXu,

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Based on my research, I found a similar thread here which is about how to use Garph API when getting data from Azure AD. Could you go to check if it helps?Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors