Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brplay

Need to create link to dashboard open to entire organization

Objective:  We need to post a link to the dashboard on an internal site so that anyone from our organization can access the report.  Our team's dashboard is built off a live tabular connection with row-level security.  Must be a live connection so that data source security is maintained.

Attempted approaches:
1.  Posting link to dashboard on internal site.  Does not work because users click link and don't already have access because dashboards cannot be opened to entire organization.
2.  Creating a content pack.  Does not work because you cannot share a link to a content pack.

3.  Publish to web.  Does not work because publish to web feature is not compatible with live tabular model.
4.  Creating a public group workspace.  Does not work because if you share a dashboard from a public group workspace, you still need to grant access to the dashboard.  If you publish the dashboard as an organization-wide content pack, and you share a link to the underlying dashboard, it still requires you grant permission to each individual accessing the dashboard.  If you download the content pack, you cannot share the dashboard from the content pack.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I don't understand #1. Can't you just create an AD group that is sync'd to O365 and then share to that group? I know that all of our AD groups show up when I go to share a dashboard.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Can you create an AD group that includes everyone in your organization?  We have security groups that include the majority of users but we continue to get users from other parts of the organization who aren't in those security groups.

Yes: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726980.aspx

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors