Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prpanda
Regular Visitor

Need to create Multiple data sources for different users of Teradata

From Power BI service gateway connection I can create only two data sources like

TDPROD or TDPROD.<COMPANY_NAME>.com

We have multiple reporting users for different application group like sales, finance, Services, HR under same teradata instance.

When I am creating a connection by giving different Data Source Name but same server name I am getting the error "Duplicate data source", which is kind of wired message to me to me as I am giving different Data Source Name but using same Server Name.

Please help me if you have any solution for this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prpanda,

Here I made a test using SQL database, we cannot add the same server name in the gateway twice although we use different data source names. This is by design. Why not directly add these users to the data source of gateway? For more details, please check the online document.

r1.png

If you persist to create multiple data sources with same server name for different users, here I suggest to use On-premises data gateway (personal mode). So in your scenario, you can let the members from different groups use personal mode gateway to connect to the source. Please notice here the data source could not be shared with others. For more details, please check the online document.

r2.png

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prpanda,

Here I made a test using SQL database, we cannot add the same server name in the gateway twice although we use different data source names. This is by design. Why not directly add these users to the data source of gateway? For more details, please check the online document.

r1.png

If you persist to create multiple data sources with same server name for different users, here I suggest to use On-premises data gateway (personal mode). So in your scenario, you can let the members from different groups use personal mode gateway to connect to the source. Please notice here the data source could not be shared with others. For more details, please check the online document.

r2.png

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @prpanda,

Does that make sense, If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case please.

Regards,

Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors