Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shamsbutt
Helper II
Helper II

Need to clear confusion for Azure Power BI Embedded

I have Power BI Pro license and azure subscription.

I'm following below link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embed-sample-for-customers

to embed dashboard/report into my Web App. I'm in success to show report/dashboard.

But one thing i have seen on Azure portal there is Power BI Embedded services available. I don't know what is the purpose of this service.

Next, What i have seen by purchasing A1 Plan for Azure Power BI Embedded service, on PowerBI Workspace setting there is Dedicated capacity option will be enabled. I don't know

what is purpose of this option?

Why we need it?

Is it necessary to enable it to embed report/dashboard?

What does means by A1 plan dedicated capacity with 3GB cache?

Please resolve my conflict regarding embedded Dedicated Capacity, it usage and pupose. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shamsbutt ,

Dedicated capacity is required to move to production. All workspaces (the ones containing the reports or dashboards, and the ones containing the datasets) must be assigned to a capacity. By creating a dedicated capacity, you can take advantage of having a dedicated resource for your customer. So it is necessary to enable it to embed report/dashboard.

You may refer to the document: Create Power BI Embedded capacity in the Azure portal.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Still have confusion, please clear by example.

Like if i have A1 plan (4GB cache) then what does it means.

My dataset require storage to refresh on each client?

Hi @Shamsbutt ,

All SKUs are available as capacity nodes, each representing a set amount of resources consisting of processor, memory, and storage

The “v-Cores” just refers to the combined power of your frontend and backend cores.

The space in your RAM is occupied by whatever data you’re using at the time. With Power BI Premium, you can override this behavior – any data can be available directly from the RAM at any time.

You can refer to the links:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium-what-is#how-capacities-function,

https://www.encorebusiness.com/blog/power-bi-premium-p1-vs-p2-vs-p3/ .

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors