Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

officeiq
Helper I
Helper I

Need to automatically send external vendors/partners excel or csv files by email or FTP via PBI

My company has Power BI Pro licenses. We need to be able to send table & matrix visuals to our external vendors/partners on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly), but we want to do it automatically {think Report Manager 2012 😁)}. I am able to send emails via the Subscription in PBI Services; however, I do not see an option to send excel/csv, which is what my external vendors/partners require.

I have seen a lot of "work-arounds" on the internet, but they require extensive coding or are limited (e.g. send whole table - not visual only). Does anyone know of a "simple" solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
officeiq
Helper I
Helper I

6 REPLIES 6
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @officeiq,

That's a great solution - Fourmoo blog post 👍.

Here's another solution which extends the functionality to multiple Excel files and a PDF / PPTX of the entire Power BI report being sent in a single email. https://medium.com/bi-helper/automate-the-export-of-filtered-and-sliced-power-bi-table-and-matrix-da...

officeiq
Helper I
Helper I

Your suggestion worked with some specific help from Exporting a Power BI Visual data to a CSV File in SharePoint - FourMoo | Power BI | Data Analytics. Thanks everyone!!!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Consider using Power Automate instead.  It can run DAX queries (you can copy the query from your visual) and push the result into a CSV, it can also export report pages to PDF (put only a single visual on a page) and it has extensive formatting options for emails.

How could I set the prior month's data automatically in DAX? Use DATEADD function with [date],-1, MONTH parameters? Do you know any DAX code that would logically set these FILTERs?

You will need to define what you mean by "prior month".  Usually something like EDATE(TODAY(),-1) does the trick.

Thanks for the EDATE idea - i will give it a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors