Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

angelcastro

Need helps licenses of the product

Forgive my English, I am using a translator.

I have a doubt as regards the prices of the licenses and its way of applying them. I am the owner of a business (gymnasium) and at present we create a series of reports for the clients of its yield. These reports are created by 4 or 5 used persons of the gymnasium. And the clients receive these reports that are alone of reading on its yield at individual level.

I understand that to be able to create, modify, etc. I have to buy the above mentioned reports x licenses of power Bi pro, which would be those of the personnel of the gymnasium who are going to use them to create, etc …

Is my doubt about the clients, at present I have approximately 200-300 clients, have to buy 200-300 licenses of type PRO so that these could be able to see JUST the report? They are going neither to create nor to edit not anything similar, only to read to (visualize).

Thanks and Regards

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @angelcastro,

Could you please tell me if your problem was resolved? Could you please share the answer or mark the proper answer if it's convenient for you? That will be a help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @angelcastro,

There are already good answers. I would post some official documents for you to reference.

About sharing: powerbi-service-how-should-i-share-my-dashboard

powerbi-premium

powerbi-admin-premium-manage

BTW, the reports can be printed, such as pdf, oxps etc. But this wouldn't be a good idea to share.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@angelcastro Your only immediate option would be to purchase Power BI Premium Embedded ("EM license) and embed your power bi visuals into a different application. This starts (in the US) at 625.00 per month. This would require your report creators to have a Pro license (3-5) but allows you to share to clients without the need for them to have a license.

Your other option if you wanted them to have access to the reports in the Power BI Service would be to buy "Premium" ("P" license) that is higher priced at 5,000.00/month. There are many things you get with this license, but it is geared towards larger businesses. This method "in the future" will support B2B, but doesn't currently.

You best bet would probably be Premium Embedded.

Detailed Document can be found here under "Explore Pricing", it will download a whitepaper that outlines all the licensing options.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors