Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with the below queries

1. export pdf option - When we are trying to export any report as pdf, we are able to view only a snap of the top but unable to view the full dashboard, Is there a way to export the whole dashboard as pdf

2. Perfomance - if we are connecting to multiple databases and when we connect directly to tables from db and not from sql query, Will that affect the performance of the dashboard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Answer 1 - In Power BI service , cannot export Dashboard , we can only export Report as pdf, and the export report is a static report, cannot interact with it.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1657879146529.png

For more details, you can read related document:Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Docs 

Answer 2 – For Dashbord, it’s made of tile, a tile is a snapshot of your data, pinned to the dashboard. If your model is simple and dataset is not large, the influence for performance can ignore.

vbinbinyumsft_1-1657879198283.png

For more details, you can read related document: Intro to dashboards for Power BI designers - Power BI | Microsoft DocsIntro to dashboard tiles for Power BI designers - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vbinbinyumsft_2-1657879263208.png

For more details, you can read related document: Power BI Best Practices | MAQ Software InsightsUse Performance Analyzer to examine report element performance in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Answer 1 - In Power BI service , cannot export Dashboard , we can only export Report as pdf, and the export report is a static report, cannot interact with it.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1657879146529.png

For more details, you can read related document:Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Docs 

Answer 2 – For Dashbord, it’s made of tile, a tile is a snapshot of your data, pinned to the dashboard. If your model is simple and dataset is not large, the influence for performance can ignore.

vbinbinyumsft_1-1657879198283.png

For more details, you can read related document: Intro to dashboards for Power BI designers - Power BI | Microsoft DocsIntro to dashboard tiles for Power BI designers - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vbinbinyumsft_2-1657879263208.png

For more details, you can read related document: Power BI Best Practices | MAQ Software InsightsUse Performance Analyzer to examine report element performance in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

My response to your 2 questions.

Answer 1 - If you choose PDF export then Power BI take a screenshot of the pages and show it as PDF pages. if you have table or matrix visual with scroll bar those will not be captured. This is how Power BI works. 

Answer 2 - You can get the data from different databases inside Power BI. The report and dashboard performance is based on how effectively you write the DAX calculations. if you choose table or SQL query those will impact when you setup a refresh to the dataset (if you choose import). Always ensure Query folding is happending on the Power query layer.

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

unfortunately, this is not possible

I do not fully understand, what you mean by table
My assumption, the connection mode of the Power BI dataset to the underlying data sources is direct query. Some of the tables are using a SQL queries, if these queries are more complex than

SELECT
col1, col2, col3
FROM
table

then it's a good idea to use tables instead of queries.
From a performance point of view it's always a good idea to query data from a table instead of a SQL query that is joining multiple tables, transforming data, etc.

Creating this table in your underlying databases can be complex.
You are paying improved dashboard performance (using a table) with system complexity pushed upstream (to the data source).

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors