Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krahat1996

Need help displaying parameters to End Users

Greetings People !
I'm in bit of a gamble here and need all the help I can get. For starters, let me state my requirement.
I need the End user/Business to specify parameters before loading the report on the report page itself, like SSRS. And no, filters /slicers won't work as data is too large as well as the no of reports. And end user need not go inside datasets and specify parameters from there.
Is there some way to do this on Power bi service or Power bi web part on SharePoint ?
I trust somebody out here would help me out. Forgive me if I sound too direct, but i have been struggling for days. Please help

Thanks in advance
Fellow Power bi Dev.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there

If you use the shared dataset option, this will still work and only use the one shared dataset?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What I have done is to create a landing page when the user accesses the report.

In this page the user then selects all the Parameters(Filters or Slicers) that they need. You can configure the filters to go across all the pages.

Then when the user goes to the report pages they will already have the parameters(Filters) applied.

Power BI Blog

Hi, thanks for your reply. Although this is a great idea, but still I would need to load the complete data and then filter. And given that I have around 50+ reports, the size and loading time would be too much.

Hi there

If you use the shared dataset option, this will still work and only use the one shared dataset?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors