Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hiralsoni_001
Frequent Visitor

Need help- Excel Power BI publisher

Hi All,

I am trying ot upload my dashboard created in excel to power bi service, using the power bi publisher in excel. But when I upload a slicer its not working. It is visible only as a screehshot image. 

I cannot filter my data using slicer when uploaded on power bi service from excel publisher.

I tried using Power bi desktop version to but it is difficult for me to understand as I am new to Power bi.

Please help and guide me how to create a dashboard and upload it to power bi service.

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi there

In order to do that, you would need to import your data into a Power BI Desktop file. Then create the report there with the filters and slicers and upload the PBIX to the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Hi there

Currently you cannot connect from the Excel Power BI Publisher directly to a SQL Server Source that is using DirectQuery.

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When using the Power BI Publisher it will only ever publish up an image as far as I am aware.

Power BI Blog

Thank you for your response it helped

Yes, it only upload an image of a chart, table or diagram in Power BI service but I want to know how to upload filters, slicers like make it interactive where user can filter the data they want based on slicers added in excel dashboard.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there

In order to do that, you would need to import your data into a Power BI Desktop file. Then create the report there with the filters and slicers and upload the PBIX to the Power BI Service.

Power BI Blog

Thanks Gilbert.

I was trying to get data from SQL server to Power BI in which I selected Direct query it didn't allowed my query to except

It throws an error called 'This query contains tranformations that can't be used for a live conneciton.

Please guide.

Thanks.

Hi there

Currently you cannot connect from the Excel Power BI Publisher directly to a SQL Server Source that is using DirectQuery.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors