Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abhijeetbehuria
Frequent Visitor

Need Power shell script to know what are the power bi dashboard using by user

Hii Thanks in advance .I need the script to know what are the power bi dashboard using by user .

4 REPLIES 4
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not good with PowerShell, but I can tell you how to achieve this. You can do this with any language programing tool and the Power Bi REST API. Using admin priviledges, you can check all the artifacts a user has access to. Request: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/users-get-user-artifact-access-as-admin

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks for you reply .Actually i tried this  "Admin - Users GetUserArtifactAccessAsAdmin".But it's showing me irrelevant output.Like if i enter x in the UserId field , i should get the list of dashboards where the user have direct access .But with this one , it's showing other dashbaord .Like if the user x has direct access to only A1 dashboard but it's showing B1,c1 and A1.Can you please help me out .

The request will show absolute everything the user can access. So I'm sure it's there. It can be a long request if it's an important user. The tricky part would be filtering the content by dashboards or things like that. You can take adventage of libraries of rest api in order to make it easier, like SimplePBI when using python will solve the pagination and can return a pandas dataframe to easy filter or view the data.

Like I said before I can't help with powershell. I can just say that's the request. It requires pagination (continuationToken for more results to get them all).

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors