Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help with solving ODBC - Gateway OutOfMemoryError in service

Hi, 

I am using an ODBC data source and configured incremental refresh in service. When I ran the first refresh, I get an error as below after it ran for 50 min. The dataset has 100+ million rows of data in the table.

gudasrinath_0-1635355631329.png

Autogenerated below code in Power query for ODBC datasource. 

let
Source = Odbc.DataSource("dsn=LRS-Dev-MongoDB", [HierarchicalNavigation=true]),
learninglocker_Database = Source{[Name="learninglocker",Kind="Database"]}[Data],
statements_Table = learninglocker_Database{[Name="statements",Kind="Table"]}[Data],

It would be of great help if someone can assist what i can do to make this to work.

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

The error is saying that it is consuming too much memory.

What I would suggest doing is to rather use an actual query to get your data, instead of what you have done above. Your code shown above does not have anything for the incremental part with the rangeStart and rangeEnd?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ ,

I have changed it to odbc query and with a simple select statement, the query loadss the preview data but with a left outer join i need to use, i get an error below.

gudasrinath_0-1635479670346.png

The query I am passing is:

gudasrinath_1-1635479776093.png

Should I reach out to the DB team to expose a single table/view with all the columns I needed by joining all the tables? I can then do a star schema model to separate out fact & dim tables...

Any suggestions in overcoming the error above or alternate options to proceed?

Hi @Anonymous 

That is an issue from the database, so I would suggest chatting to your DBA and see how they can assist with a query to get the data out as efficiently as possible.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors