Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

guna312126

Need Help on Web test for Power BI workspace to check availabilty using Visual Stuido web tests

Hello All,

I am currently looking for help on resolving issues while creating web test for the power bi workspace URL. I have captured the web requests till navigating to Workspace in the Power BI online and ran it locally in Visual studio desktop. I am getting few errors while it is getting redirected to login URL. Explored many documents and online solutions, but it didn't work. For few runs observed and that it is failing as it going through ADFS authentication of msit(correct me if I am wrong). As it is blocking to capture few form parameters in the web test, it is getting failed in the local run.WebTestError.PNG

My intention is to check the availability of the workspace in the Power BI Service. Can you please help me out here, if there are any other ways to know and get alerts if the workspace is down and MSIT is not. 

Thanks in Advance,

Guna Sekhar V

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @guna312126

It is not clear for me, do you connect to Visual studio as a datasource in power bi online like the link?

or use power bi in Visual studio desktop?

Best Reagrds

maggie

Hello Juan,

I have tried in the same approach as we discussed offline. But that was also not working

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors