Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sabhishek
Frequent Visitor

Need Help On Power Query Code

Can somebody help me with the Power Query code by which I can update the value for Column Spend for against ProductTitle Diff whose formula is Base = 1 – SUM(Spend). Data may increase and pattern is shown below. The source is SharePoint list. I will have to show this data on Donut chart in Power BI.

Spend   ReportDate    ProductTitle                  Spend       ReportDate    ProductTitle
0.3        5/4/2016      A                                    0.3          5/4/2016        A
0.53      5/4/2016      B                                    0.53        5/4/2016        B
             5/4/2016     Base                                0.17        5/4/2016       Base

Spend     ReportDate   ProductTitle                 Spend     ReportDate      ProductTitle
0.3          5/4/2016      A                                 0.3          5/4/2016         A
0.53        5/4/2016      B                                 0.53        5/4/2016         B
               5/4/2016    Base                              0.17        5/4/2016        Base
0.5          6/5/2016    A                                   0.5          6/5/2016        A
0.38        6/5/2016    B                                   0.38        6/5/2016        B
               6/5/2016    Base                              0.12        6/5/2016        Base

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Here are the detailed steps for achieving this. I am asuming that your Product title has same pattren.

I have used below sample data in excel

stepq.png

Connected with Excel and edit the query

step2.png

After this remove the two steps from right area "Chagne Type" and Promoted Headers". It will bring your column hearders as data row. Now remove first row by going to Home Table and clicking Remove Rows button. You need to mention 1 as number of rows to be deleted.

Now your data set will look like this.

step3.png

Now select Column3 and click on Pivot Column button under Transformations Tab

step4.png

select Column1 as Value column in popup and click Ok. It will pivot your data to a new format as below

step5.png

Now remove the Base Column and Add new Column Base with Below Formula

step6.png

You base value has been calculated. See below for reference

step7.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Here are the detailed steps for achieving this. I am asuming that your Product title has same pattren.

I have used below sample data in excel

stepq.png

Connected with Excel and edit the query

step2.png

After this remove the two steps from right area "Chagne Type" and Promoted Headers". It will bring your column hearders as data row. Now remove first row by going to Home Table and clicking Remove Rows button. You need to mention 1 as number of rows to be deleted.

Now your data set will look like this.

step3.png

Now select Column3 and click on Pivot Column button under Transformations Tab

step4.png

select Column1 as Value column in popup and click Ok. It will pivot your data to a new format as below

step5.png

Now remove the Base Column and Add new Column Base with Below Formula

step6.png

You base value has been calculated. See below for reference

step7.png

Thank You so much Habib for your time and support. This solution has helped me to complete my task. Thanks again...Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors