Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jl20
Helper IV
Helper IV

Navigation Pane is Gone!

Hi all,

The navigation pane all of a sudden disappeared a couple of days ago when viewing dashboards. I can still change workspaces by going to the PBI homepage, but this will be very confusing to users and frankly, is annoying for me. No hamburger icon to expand/collapse exists. If I go into the New Look off mode, it comes back, but I like New Look on. Any advice on how to restore this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jl20

Based on my test,under new look,the navigation pane still exists,so I'm guessing whether it's a cache issue or browser issue?Could you pls clear the cache or change to another browser to try again?

Annotation 2020-09-02 145300.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jl20

Based on my test,under new look,the navigation pane still exists,so I'm guessing whether it's a cache issue or browser issue?Could you pls clear the cache or change to another browser to try again?

Annotation 2020-09-02 145300.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Clearing the cache in chrome did the trick. Thanks!

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @jl20 ,

Lately, there have been some issues related to New Look On and Off in Power BI Services.

A few days back, I wasn't able to subscribe to reports in New look Off mode while it worked smoothly when switched to New Look On mode.

I'd suggest you just 2 things in this scenario since this is more about Power BI bug/issue:

1. Try to open in Incognito mode and after clearing cache: If you got lucky, this will work

2. Create a support ticket here with Microsoft to get the bug/issue resolved: Recommended since this seems to be a services issue from Power BI end

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@jl20 - Yeah, they changed something in the Service and it is really kind of awful in my opinion. I had to remove my default dashboard and then I got things back to normal.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

What do you mean remove your default dashboard? Like rebuild it from scratch?

@jl20 - No, I had a default dashboard set. Dashboard, ellipses, Set as Featured. So I had to unset that setting and not have any featured dashboard and then things went back to normal essentially.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors