Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Navigate Between Pages of a Dashboard via Hyperlink

Hi Fellow Enthusiasts and Dear Gurus!

I am torn between publishing a report via Dashboard(Pin Live Page) and via Web(Publish to Web). One main reason is that the Drill-down option is not available via Dashboard. But what turns me off against Publish to Web is that I can't share(even unintentionally) sensitive data.

But this post is not about that, although I'd like to mention that as well. Now I would like to inquire if is there a way to add a hyperlink that can navigate between pages in a dashboard. I know there is a way to add hyperlink but the challenge is know the URL of a page because if I scroll between pages the URL doesn't seem to change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ovetteabejuela I completely mis-read your question. Based on your description I was automatically thinking report pages. If you want to navigate from one dashboard to another, you would just need to pin a tile from dashboard 1, go into the settings of that tile and add a custom url to dashboard 2. This would "link" the two dashboards. But what throws me off, is you can't have multiple pages of dashboards, you only have multiple pages/tabs in a report.

I've also commented in the other thread, as what is described isn't a "hidden" way to get dashboard tabs, it is just another way to go from a dashboard tile to a report.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sagarmehta89
Frequent Visitor

I have a page in my report called Table of Contents

Say- 

Table of Contents:

A

B

C

D

What I would like is that if someone clicks on A, it would navigate him to "page A" in the report.

Is it possible to do this in Power BI?

@sagarmehta89 Some new exciting functionality is on the way this next quarter. Watch the keynote from the Data Insights Summit this last week. There is report page drill through and a new bookmark feature that is going to be extremely exciting to work with and appears to solve this issue.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hello , 

Does the feature of navigating through pages is added now? i need to add a table of content then when i click on each row it can move me to another page.

thanks 

From what I have read thus far, this functionality is not available.  I've seen several requests for this functionality, but there hasn't been a workable solution for this yet.

A work around would be to create a separate report for each page (so 1 page per report) and then link your table of contents to each report URL (so your URL's will now be unique).

Pros:

• Click on a text link and it will load the page selected

Cons:

• You will have to refresh and publish each report separately
  • Clicking a link loads a new broswer tab rather than just moving inside of the same page

@ovetteabejuela This would be a bit of a configuration nightmare if things needed to change, but you could do it as you describe. The URL for each report page is different by number... you should see that your first tab is "ReportSection" your second tab is "ReportSection1", third tab is "ReportSection2", etc, etc for each page in the report.

@Seth_C_Bauer before I found this post "Dashboard View" (steps 1 & 2 can be skipped) I would have scrath my head and say "what is he talking about?".

I think the problem is the default view of the dashboard when you share it. It is not as you just described, it is like this:

pin_live_page_pg1_pg2.PNG

But again if you follow these steps "Dashboard View" I would end up with ReportSection, ReportSection1, ReportSection2.

I think the problem that I have now is how to set the default view to that, where when you shared the dashboard Tabs are already available first hand... They would not have to go through clicking on (...) the synopsis and (>) the arrow. The same concern as the shared link.

@ovetteabejuela I completely mis-read your question. Based on your description I was automatically thinking report pages. If you want to navigate from one dashboard to another, you would just need to pin a tile from dashboard 1, go into the settings of that tile and add a custom url to dashboard 2. This would "link" the two dashboards. But what throws me off, is you can't have multiple pages of dashboards, you only have multiple pages/tabs in a report.

I've also commented in the other thread, as what is described isn't a "hidden" way to get dashboard tabs, it is just another way to go from a dashboard tile to a report.

That should help clear things out. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors