Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebM11
Regular Visitor

Nav Pane collapsed

Hi All,

I realize this is probably a very elementary question, but I cannot expand my nav pane and I'm not sure when or how it collapsed!

DebM11_0-1660332160534.png

I don't see the 3 lines anywhere to expand the nav pane.  Please help as I have reports to publish, and I'm stuck!

DebM11_1-1660332195975.png

Thank you!

Deb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DebM11 

I have submitted your issue to ICM , ID is 331892384 . If there is progress, I will come back and update . 

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DebM11
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Yes I am using the app.powerbi.com URL to access PBI service.  The 3 lines at the top of the collapsed nav pane are no longer there for me is what the issue is, so I cannot expand the nav pane.  I have been working around it, but it's annoying to not know the reason, or how to fix it.

Thanks for your help!

Deb

DebM11
Regular Visitor

Yes, you're correct.  I figured out how to work around the issue so I could publish my reports, but the "Get Data" feature is still missing, nor am I able to expand the navigation pane.

Hi @DebM11 

I have submitted your issue to ICM , ID is 331892384 . If there is progress, I will come back and update . 

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebM11 ,

Are you using the URL app.powerbi.com? Have you encountered this problem before? Do you still have this problem now? Fortunately, all the useful content is still there, and regarding this icon you mentioned,vmengzhumsft_0-1660627928106.png

it is used to expand related content, as the following show:

before clicking:               

vmengzhumsft_1-1660627986360.png           

after clicking:

vmengzhumsft_2-1660628032283.png

Based on your situation, you can try to see if the function works properly, and I don't think it should affect your ability to successfully publish reports.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors